Catalogue of Nautical Products
a place to discuss and follow the work
Knowledgeable WG members: Yves Guillam (IHB) and Republic of Korea (KHOA) (development)
S-128 is a product specification on exchanges of catalogues of nautical products.
What specifically does the "Catalogue of Nautical Products" contain?
- Printed products available in each country?
- on-line resources?
- how will it be accessed?
- will this include all of the S-xxx items?
Process for development
Nautical products can be classified into NP1, NP2 and NP3 depending on types of production. If S-128 were to include NP3 only, it could be used only when the development progress of S-XXX and production system for S-100 based products of each hydrographic office were settled.
Nevertheless, there is still a need to exchange catalogues of nautical products including INT charts. Paper-based and S-100 based nautical products will very likely be used concurrently for a while as is the case with S-57 and S- 101.
Outlined in the Table are potential catalogues of nautical products which can be included in S-128. Developing a comprehensive product specification can be considered, taking into account various nautical products, S-XXX, eNavigation, etc.
All three of these types of products will be contained within the S-128 product specification.
|NP 1||Paper||Paper chart, Sailing Directions, list of lights, tide table, tidal chart, current table|
|NP 2||Digital list of lights, digital radio signals, TotalTide|
|NP 3||electronic||S-101 (ENC), S-102, S-111, S-112, … (s-1xx)|
|e-Navigation||electronic||MSP (Maritime Service Portfolio) Services|
- Create a test procedure and scenario for validating S-128
- All member states will generate test data for specific items and give to ROK.
- Create test data according to the application schema and the feature catalogue
- Validate S-128 data using S-100 testbed
- Write a brief report on the result of validation and revise S-128 as appropriate
from 2016 presentation
- Need to clarify the definition of nautical products